Epoptes is a computer lab management and monitoring tool. It allows screen broadcasting and monitoring, remote command execution, message sending, imposing restrictions like screen locking or sound muting the clients and much more!
It can be installed in Ubuntu, Debian and openSUSE based labs that may contain any combination of the following: LTSP servers, thin and fat clients, non LTSP servers, standalone workstations, NX or XDMCP clients etc.
Epoptes has been translated into more than 40 languages and it’s being used in many installations all around the world.
- Remotely boot/shutdown/reboot computers in a LAN.
- Assist or monitor users remotely.
- Thumbnail overview of the client computers.
- Execute commands or send messages to remote computers
- Lock/Unlock the screen of remote computers
- Mute/Unmute the sound of remote computers
- Measure the network bandwidth
- Organize computers to groups
- View remote computer hardware and software information
Report a bug, create a pull request, or translate Epoptes at: https://launchpad.net/epoptes
Public administration reference
The Greek Ministry of Education has utilized Epoptes in the Greek public schools in Linux environments. Many more European and non-European countries and their schools use Epoptes in a daily basis to manage their computer labs. See also: